I called my mom last night just as she was getting off work to see if she'd like to join Evy and I in our "girl time".
Vicente has been on an after-work-side-job for days, and he'd taken the boys along. (Evy was with him Thursday on the same job while me and my little men went to the county fair and rodeo! I LUV getting my hick influences in whenever possible, LOL!) Basically Vicente and I have been playing Tag Team Kid Time...its been different, but not at all a bad thing! It's kinda fun having things mixed up a bit.
Anyhoo, as mom and I were talking she tried to start her car and it said "no" - dead battery.
Evy and I cut our nail painting short and rushed to Mom/Grammy's aid. Turns out the cables connecting to her battery weren't exactly connecting, (bummer cuz I felt so capable with my cute new plastic briefcase full of important car things!) so after a phone call to Les Schwab (the tire place) we decided to bag it all and go out to eat! Yeay, eating out is the absolute best!
Evy's favorite restaurant in town is the Thai place because, "It's quiet". So Thai fooding we went! (It's my fav because our whole crew can get outta there under 30 bucks...) Mom had never been, so it was fun for her to try new stuff - turns out she'd never eaten tofu!!! Crazy. Mom drove my car home so that E Jo and I could walk, (I love living near family! ) and on the way we spent a good chunk of time at a rope swing in the park. I was once again shocked at how tough my girl is!
This morning we woke up in time to get Grammy to work, then the kids and I spent the whole morning at the neighborhood church for Children's Health Day. It was so cool! Free vision, speech, hearing, dental, and whole body health check ups. And tons of fun games and prizes and a backpack full of school supplies at the end of it all!
I'm really not sure that I'll ever get over all the benefits of living in America!
We had to miss the dental check, though, because Evy and I had to rush to my aunt and uncles for the "July-birthday's tea". Too sweet! My Aunt Jeri worked *so* hard preparing a beautiful table and amazing food. Evy got to go on a nature walk with Uncle Dick, just like the ones he used to take me on when I was little! Have I mentioned that I love living near family?
Mom, Evy, Aunt Lala and myself ran to Target after the tea to get some laundry-eh? for a bridal shower tomorrow night, and I laughed as I pulled out the Target gift card Lala gave me for *my* bday to pay for a nightie for someone else in the fam, and we all just said, "It comes around somehow, doesn't it?"
I love living near family!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I LOVE America too!!
But..miss Central America quite a bit too...(just like u!)
Didn't know you blogged!!!!! I'll be following!
Andrea
"Formyboys" / "True Moments of Family"
Post a Comment