Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Is there a word for "more than exhausted"? Ah, but this is with contentment!

I am always beyond exhausted at the end of a Wednesday.
But I *love* my Wednesdays!!
Wednesdays are the days that we get "A" and "S" - the babies of my heart.Okay, they're not *really* babies - they're 5 and 2, but I call everyone under 10 a baby. :~P

A year and a half ago, when we had first moved back to the States, I was...damaged. The profound pain of having to walk away from all the hurt of Honduras, mixed with the fresh wounds of seeing what sin can do in "my people" here in America - it was like being slammed by a killer wave, and not knowing which way the air is. Sinking into the deep darkness looked easiest. It makes me want to cry just thinking about it...

When I started to finally be able to tread water, I decided that I was going to do SOMETHING. I was going to fight it, whatever IT may be.
And so, I prayed. We all prayed...
I called rehabs to see if I could volunteer. I called AA groups to get info on how to help. I even spent a few weeks visiting a Celebrate Recovery here in town.
But none of it "fit".
So, we prayed.
And through one thing and another, I got the chance to babysit "S" and "A".
Their sweet lives have not been easy.
I've known and loved their dad's side of the family since high school...it's tough to see what the past decade and a half has done. It's been hard...
I knew that *this* was what God had for me.
THIS was my way of "fighting it".
I would open my painful heart once again. We would love them and pray for them and show them as much of Jesus as we could.

And we have!! They have a place so deep inside my heart, it hurts to be away from them for long.
Thank you, Lord, for this opportunity!
And so we *LOVE* Wednesdays!

No comments: