I had to edit a boatload of this post, because apparently I was giving out classified info...so sorry if you didn't get to read the un-edited version! :~D
This was the fun GOD update I wanted to give:
My Jeshua boy is now in 1st grade at an inCREDibly fantabulous Christian school. We homeschooled together up until February of this year.
Jeshua and Israel attended 1/2 days at a bi-lingual school when we lived in Honduras, for their Spanish tutoring, so to speak. Unbeknownst to us - obviously, because I'da hurt someone - Jeshy's teacher would chase the kids with sticks and she physically hit my boy a few times.
I hate her.
(Tempted to add spiritual stuff here, to make myself sound better than I am. Sorry. Pray for me if you want to.) ;~)
Now, Jesh is one of those kids that was metaphorically born with his heart on the outside. His tenderness is amazing to behold, and slightly annoying to guide through this life. But we try! He is truly one of the sweetest people I know.
And someone hit him.
Because of all this he has, understandably, had some struggles with classroom settings. No prob! I'd planned to homeschool him for years and years.
But I was noticing that, as his mother, I couldn't help but cotton-ball his life! I'm not *at all* a fan of "toughing kids up" just for the looks of it, or the parent's pride, but this was different - he was getting more and more sensitive, and I couldn't figure out how to stop catering to that. Its completely natural of me to make life fit *his* issues! But I struggled with how to help him to grow and trust and enjoy life, when he was so very dependent on me.
I dunno. It was hard...even explaining it is hard!
So we started praying about putting him in the Christian school for his 2nd grade year. I know a boat-load of people from the school - both from my growing-up years, and from church in recent years. We wanted a safe yet bigger environment for him.
I went into the office to start the preliminary process of raking them through the coals, to see if they were good enough for my baby. :~D I asked to meet with the first grade teacher, to talk curriculum, so that I could be sure he was close to the other students by September IF we decided to go that route.
I walked into her classroom, and at that moment I absolutely KNEW that he was supposed to be there. In that very classroom. FIRST grade. With THAT teacher, and THOSE particular kids. There truly wasn't a doubt in my mind, from the second I stepped foot in that room.
That was a Monday, and by Wednesday morning our scholarship jazz was approved, he was enrolled, and by God's amazing grace, absolutely *everything* fell into place.
It was SO God!!
He started at the end of January, and I have been daily blessed to see my heavenly Father's care for my boy. It's been incredible!
I love life with Him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Heidi,
I read your post before you edited. I'll pray you see clearly the direction you should take! ;-)
Post a Comment